REINFORCE International Training Course 2022
10-15 July 2022
Citizen Science creates numerous opportunities for all citizens – independent of their location, gender, or education – to be involved in ground-breaking fundamental research. Through citizen science activities, everyone can contribute to the development of new knowledge. Increasingly, scientists from Large Research Infrastructures and Frontier Physics experiments are starting to share their data and ask for citizens to support the optimization of their detectors to enhance discoveries potential.
Have you ever wondered how you can contribute to cutting edge scientific research or how can frontier science contribute to society? Can you imagine yoruselves participating in a community with other citizens, teachers and researchers, analyzing real data, participating in exciting discoveries, and helping optimize Large Research Infrastructures in the fields of Gravitational Wave Astronomy, High Energy Physics, Neutrino Astronomy and Cosmic Rays?
The REINFORCE International Training Course 2022 answers the questions above with a loud “Yes” and invites you to join a vibrant community of citizens, researchers and educators from all over the world aiming to bridge the gap between frontier research in Physics and Society through citizen science!
In the REINFORCE International Training Course you will:
- Collaborate with researchers in order to Optimize Large Research infrastructures in Physics to understand and eliminate the “noise” that hinders their discovery potential.
- Learn how Citizen Science can help connect Research and Society.
- Receive training in the fields of Gravitational Wave Astronomy, High Energy Physics, Neutrino Astronomy and Cosmic Ray Physics through citizen science and educational activities developed by leading experts in frontier Physics research and science education.
- Perform virtual visits to large research infrastructures in Europe
- Learn how to use real data to perform your own inquiries.
- Help shape the future of Europe’s curricula in the field of Modern Physics.